Wing it out

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I am a huge liner junkie – winged liner specifically. Without it I feel naked and undone. And even though I wear it almost every day, I still have my liner labours. I have very long curly eyelashes. Every girls dream, right? No, not for me. The wand hits my lashes when I try and apply it and clogs them up full of excess product. My lashes stick together and unless I take off my whole face and start again, there is no undoing it. So for me the felt tip or gel potted liners are my saviour. Opaque colour pay off and easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy application. Done. Sold. Winner. 

Kat Von D. Tattoo Liner. Sounds great – is great. What makes this product so unique is that the nip is lots of small tapered fibres packed together into a point rather than a felt tip style applicator. This means that your line is super fine, the nip doesn’t fray or dry out and generally just feels nicer on the skin as it doesn’t drag. It totally lives up to its tattoo name and lasts for 24hours easily. I have definitely never been so lazy not to take my makeup off and find it still there in tact perfectly the next morning, not. I only have a mini at the moment but the full size is at the top of my next Sephora order. *bank account weeps* 

Essence 2in1 Liner Pen. My first ever liquid liner love. Previous to this I loved the look of a liquid liner flick but just couldn’t master it. This is great for a beginner as it has two ends. One very fine and one a little thicker, very similar to a calligraphy pen. It’s great because you can try both and work out which works best for you. I always tended to use the very fine side as found that the thicker end was too thick to get the sharp clean lines I wanted. The only down side is that it did dry out, all be it not as quick as majority of the others I have tried. It took about 2 to 3 months to dry out which wasn’t too bad but still disappointing as the barely used thicker side still has loads of life left in it yet. 

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner. Put it this way I prefer this over the Bobby Brown gel liner any day. Silkier, smoother application and still hasn’t dried out after 2 years. The product is super creamy and applies ultra-smooth with a matte finish. Again this lasts all day but can become a little flaky towards the end of the day if you have built the product up a little. I find that applying a setting spray such as MAC’s Fix+ helps to keep it in place nicely for longer. You need to use a brush to apply this with, which can be a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it means you have a bit more control over what you are doing. The key is to take your time. Personally, I find I get a closer to the lash line application by using a brush. 

I do also like liner pencils I tend just not to reach for them as much. Some of my favourites are the Urban Decay 24hr Glide on Liners, Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil, NARS  Longer than Life Long Wear Eye Pencil and finally, the Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon. They are all very creamy products which again don’t drag and have a decent lasting power. So that’s my top picks.

What are your must haves?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe