Round up, Round up

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Another year jam packed full of new releases, the perfect nude shadow, a gloss/balm hybrid and finally a liquid liner which lives up to its name. I'm going to round up all my 'couldn't live with-out's' in one place for your hauling pleasure.

The Skin. If you have been around these parts for a while you will know that my skin is a nightmare. Dry. Blemish Prone. Unpredictable. Its taken me a while to find my skincare Mecca but this year has been a giant leap forward. The strangest yet most satisfying exfloliator ever is the Dr. Jart Clear Away Gel. The only way I can describe this is a facial peel, in a good way. When you rub it into your dry skin you can actually feel the dead skin cells come away from your face. Sounds slightly gross but to me its magical - you can feel it doing its job. Exfoliates and smoothes, winner winner. In terms of cleanser, serum and moisturiser well you have heard about them before here. The most spa like hot cloth cleanser I have tried which feels like a real treat on an evening, a hydrating and correcting serum and a dry skinned girls best friend, a super thick moisturiser which is a great makeup base. Skin, done.

The Base. 'Its all about the bass, bout the bass' If you are looking for a high coverage base suitable for dry and pale skin, then look no further than the Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation, and breathe. Enriched with oils to keep skin hydrated and mineral rich thermal spa water to help keep your skin looking fresh and free from imperfections, this foundation doesn't only conceal well and blend beautifully but it also helps to remedy any dermatological issues you may be having with your skin. They don't have many shades but 15 Opal is their lightest and perfect for us pale skin gals. Mixed with a liquid highlighter such as Technic's High Lights it looks beautifully dewy and natural. And you don't get that combination with many high coverage foundations. Concealer is up next and I am not going to bore you with the details because you will already know all about it, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. Creamy, long lasting and less than £5. Enough said. To set all my layers I have been turning towards the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder. Its a finely milled loose powder which is completely transparent and mattifies everything whilst still leaving your skin glowing, somehow. Its a bit of a miracle product in my eyes as usually powders just enhance my dry skin but this one doesn't it actually helps it. And finally, the bronzer and highlight partnership which has made me look less zombie skinned like and more Sophia Loren (I wish). Soap and Glory's Solar Powder and Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight. They are both the most natural looking products I have ever used. When applied, both look like its just my skin rather than make up. Just a delightful pairing. 

The Eye. Forward slash, brow. There has been one shadow which I have used almost everyday since the summertime, L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure in 200 Over the Taupe. I have ranted and raved about it here. But to sum it up its the most beautiful, warm toned, pressed pigment, taupe shade with the right amount of shimmer to make it look like a liquid has been applied to the eyes. It hits the light beautifully and is forever commented on. LOVE. Liner/Shadow = MAC's Fluidline in Rich Ground. A reddened bronze shade which looks elegant with a plain eye and used to create a large cat flick as well as smudged under the eye or as a base to other shadows. Super long lasting and a really unusual liquid liner colour. So, that liquid liner which actually lives up to its name, what could it be? Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner obvs. I have a mini in the shade Trooper (Matte Black) and its amazing. Its a felt tip type liner but with a difference. Instead of a felt tip there are loads of tiny taper fibres which make up the very fine nib. Its so opaque and long lasting and I have had mine since the summer time and its still working and hasn't dried out. Result. After using and loving the Benefit They're Real mascara for yonks I didn't think I would ever find another mascara that would live up to it. But I did in Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. Again, I have a mini and its fab. Really black, separates the lashes and really long lasting. It gives the lashes a very natural yet long and full effect. Quickly touching on brows. One contender for me. Soap and Glory's Archery Pencil in Blondeshell. It looks very similar to the Anastasia Brow Wiz and apparently is very similar in texture. Check out this comparison by Lily Pebbles. Its basically a drug store brow product which is very cool toned which is unusual for light brow products from the drugstore which tend to be red in tone. Its a fine waxy pencil which is perfect for defining and drawing in those fine hairs.It has a small brush on one end and the product on the other. Its a great choice for someone to try out before splurging on the Anastasia one. 

The Lip. Two stand out products, one lipstick and one gloss/balm hybrid situation. My first love is MAC's Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup. For me, the perfect every day nude. Its a really pretty light blue toned pink. The blue tones help to make your teeth look whiter also. As you all know the MAC lipsticks smell devine and always apply beautifully and this is no different. Super creamy and moisturising. And last but not least is my gloss/balm hybrid in Maybelline's Color Elixir in Raspberry Rhapsody. Firstly, lets take a moment for the packaging *round of applause*. Its a beautiful raspberry shade which is glossy, yet not sticky,super hydrating and long lasting. They apply really easily and no mirror is required. 

So thats my round up of the year - what have been your best bits? Let me know in the comments below.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love these favourites! The Soap & Glory bronzer is in so many 2014 favourites it makes me want to own it! :) xx

    http://www.suzyheartsbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you NEED it! Its honestly amazing!! The only bronzer I use in fact! xx

      Delete

Subscribe