A MICELLAR GEL

Sunday, May 03, 2015


The micellar hype for me started with Bio Derma and since then most beauty or skincare brands have jumped on the band wagon. As someone with dry, blemish prone skin, I always found that micellar waters dried out my skin and just didn't do a good enough job at removing my makeup. Saying that, I always liked to have some on hand for swatching or makeup corrections. I went on the hunt for something different. Something that actually worked for me and then I found this. 

La Roche-Posay kill it for me when it comes to skincare. Their Efflacar range helps to prevent blemishes and the Rosaliac range helps to minimise and prevent redness. Both of which are huge skin issues for me. When I stumbled across the Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel I was intrigued. I was even more intrigued when I read the back which said it leaves the skin clean and smooth without rinsing. How could you apply a gel to your face which is formulated to remove make up and then not have to rinse it off your face? It didn't seem possible.

Anyway I took this sucker home and gave it a good work out. I learnt quickly that the key is to apply a little amount as it goes a long way. I also found it was a nightmare to use with a cotton pad and preferred fingers to apply and soak in. Once evenly massaged into the skin i wiped it off with a muslin cloth and found that the makeup slid off super easily and my skin felt super smooth. This is still a pre-cleanse step and could never replace the cleansing step in my routine however its a great, fuss free make up remover with out all of the hassle of rinsing or 942 cotton pads. 

The only downside is that it doesn't seem to do anything for my red skin. It removes makeup well so I suppose its preventing blemishes but in terms of neutralising that redness, it kinda fails. 

All in all, its a nice refreshing gel which massaged into a puffy morning face helps to clean and sooth my skin before I cleanse. A nice alternative to the ever so common, micellar waters and just as gentle. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe